The Anvoy web site available at the domain anvoy.com (the “Site”) is an online information service provided by Anvoy Academy (“Anvoy”). PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SITE. ANVOY MAY MODIFY THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME, AND SUCH MODIFICATIONS SHALL BE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UPON POSTING OF THE MODIFIED AGREEMENT ON THE SITE. YOU AGREE TO REVIEW THE AGREEMENT PERIODICALLY TO BE AWARE OF SUCH MODIFICATIONS AND YOUR CONTINUED ACCESS OR USE OF THE SITE SHALL BE DEEMED YOUR CONCLUSIVE ACCEPTANCE OF THE MODIFIED AGREEMENT.
1. Site Content. All information, content and software available and/or used on the Site (collectively, “Content”) is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. The Content is owned by Anvoy, its affiliates, and/or their respective licensors and suppliers as applicable (collectively, “Licensors”). The Content is intended for personal and noncommercial use only. While you may interact with or download a single copy of any portion of the Content for your personal and noncommercial entertainment, information or use, you may not reproduce, sell, publish, distribute, modify, display, perform, re-post or otherwise use any portion of the Content in any other way or for any other purpose without the prior written consent of Anvoy.
By submitting to the Site classes, information, posts, and/or other materials (collectively, “User Content”), you grant to Anvoy a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license, with the right to sub-license, to reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works of, publicly display and publicly perform the User Content. Anvoy has the right, but not the obligation, to regulate User Content and to remove User Content that Anvoy, in its sole discretion, determines to be unlawful or inappropriate. By submitting User Content, you grant to Anvoy the right to use your name in connection with the User Content as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto. You agree that you shall have no recourse against Anvoy for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to Anvoy.
Anvoy makes a commercially reasonable effort to provide guidelines for the type of Content published on the Site, but because of the large amount of content available, is not able to review all of Content made available on the Site. As such, Anvoy does not guarantee the accuracy, authenticity, timeliness, reliability, appropriateness, or completeness of any of the Content. You agree that all risk associated with the use of, or reliance on, any of the Content rests with you. You further agree that Anvoy shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with your use of, or reliance on, any of the Content.
2. Use of the Site. You are granted a non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable license to access and use the Site strictly in accordance with these Terms; display, download, archive or print a single copy of any discrete Information or any information and/or content otherwise distributed on the Site, solely for internal, personal, non-commercial purposes, provided that, in doing so, you do not further distribute, sell, or modify the information and content in any way, maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein, and you comply with the Terms set forth herein (collectively, the “Permitted Uses”).
Except for the Permitted Uses contained in this limited license, nothing in these Terms grants you, or should be construed to grant, any licenses or rights, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, under copyright or other intellectual property rights. You agree that all right, title and interest (INCLUDING all copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents and other intellectual property rights) in the Site, its services, content, and information provided thereon belong to Anvoy and/or its licensors, as applicable.
The Site is intended and designed for users 13 years of age and older, and access or use by anyone younger is not authorized. If you are under the age of 18, you may make payments only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Your license to access and use the Site is subject to the following restrictions and prohibitions on use. You agree that you shall not: (a) upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available through or to, the Site any User Content that is unlawful, abusive threatening, harmful, obscene, lewd, offensive, defamatory, or otherwise objectionable; infringes the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, rights of publicity or other proprietary rights of others; violates any local, federal, or international law, or any rules of any security exchange; contains any viruses, Trojan horses, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other harmful or disruptive computer code, file, or program designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of the Site; (b) disrupt, disable, place unreasonable burdens or excessive loads on, interfere with, or attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion of the Site; (c) provide false information about yourself to Anvoy, impersonate any other person, or otherwise attempt to mislead others about your identity; (d) upload, post, transmit, share, or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, or any other form of solicitation, bulk email, or duplicate messages; (e) use any process to collect, harvest, gather, or extract information from the Site; and (f) copy, disassemble, decompile, translate, reverse engineer or otherwise try to obtain the source code of the Site.
We will not agree on everything, but there are a few basic principals of mutual respect that are required. You are not required to agree with the Traditional Judeo-Christian Beliefs and Values but you must at least agree that these beliefs are valid and worthy of expression, discussion and adoption.
3. You acknowledge that “Anvóy America” is a simulated or virtual world, that the Adam currency and all Anvóy Values which are traded within the simulation are not real, and are intended for the sole purpose of creating an engaging education experience for young people. Funds paid by adults ages 24 and older are gifts, donations or educational expenses (not investments) and not expected to be returned to the giver. Any funds, if any, provided by individuals ages less that 24 years are not investments but are intended to be used to purchase products.
4. Trademarks. Publications, products, content or services referenced herein or on the Site are the exclusive trademarks or servicemarks of Anvoy. Other product and company names mentioned in the Site may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
5. Warranties. You hereby represent and warrant that for all User Content you submit to the Site (a) you have all necessary authority, rights and permissions to submit the User Content to the Site, (b) the User Content does not and will not infringe or misappropriate any copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or other intellectual property right of any third party, including any rights of privacy or publicity, and (c) the User Content does not and will not violate any applicable law or regulation including, but not limited to, any automobile advertising laws or regulations, or cause injury to any person.
You agree that Anvoy cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that content available through the Site will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Site for the reconstruction of any lost data.
YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND THE INTERNET. ANVOY PROVIDES THE SITE AND RELATED INFORMATION “AS IS” AND DOES NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NONINFRINGEMENT, OR THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) WITH REGARD TO THE SERVICE, ANY MERCHANDISE INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ON THE INTERNET GENERALLY, AND ANVOY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY COST OR DAMAGE ARISING EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ANY SUCH TRANSACTION. IT IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND USEFULNESS OF ALL OPINIONS, ADVICE, SERVICES, MERCHANDISE AND OTHER INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ON THE INTERNET GENERALLY. ANVOY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IN NO EVENT WILL ANVOY BE LIABLE FOR (I) ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, OR ANY INFORMATION, OR TRANSACTIONS PROVIDED ON THE SERVICE, OR DOWNLOADED FROM THE SERVICE, OR ANY DELAY OF SUCH INFORMATION OR SERVICE. EVEN IF ANVOY OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR (II) ANY DAMAGES ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE SERVICE AND/OR MATERIALS OR INFORMATION DOWNLOADED THROUGH THE SERVICE. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, ANVOY’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
6. Third Party Links. Anvoy makes no representations whatsoever about any other web site which you may access through this one or which may link to this Site. When you access a non-Anvoy web site, please understand that it is independent from Anvoy, and that Anvoy has no control over the content on that web site. In addition, a link to a Anvoy web site does not mean that Anvoy endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such web site.
7. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Anvoy, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers and any third party information providers to the Site from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from: (a) any violation of this Agreement by you; and (b) any copyright, trademark, and/or patent infringement claims in the User Content you provide.
8. Term; Termination. This Agreement may be terminated by either party without notice at any time for any reason. You agree that Anvoy is not required to provide any refund to you if Anvoy terminates the Agreement because, in Anvoy’s sole discretion, you have violated these Terms. The provisions of paragraphs 1 (Site Content), 2 (Use of the Service), 4 (Trademarks), 7 (Indemnification), and 10 (Miscellaneous) shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
9. General Payments Terms When you purchase a Course via Anvoy, you agree to pay for it and abide by the Terms. All sales are final. Anvoy may, in its sole discretion, provide a refund to you in the event that a request for such refund is made with cause and within fifteen (15) days of purchase. 10. Miscellaneous. This Agreement shall all be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of The United States of America applicable to agreements made and to be performed in The United States of America. You agree that any legal action or proceeding between Anvoy and you for any purpose concerning this Agreement or the parties’ obligations hereunder shall be brought exclusively in a federal or state court of competent jurisdiction sitting in The United States of America . Any cause of action or complaint you may have with respect to the Service must be commenced within one (1) year after the facts giving rise to such cause of action or complaint or such cause of action or complaint is barred. Anvoy’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of this Agreement. Anvoy may assign its rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time without notice to you. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Collection of Information
Voluntarily Provided Information
You may be asked to voluntarily provide your name, phone number, email address or other personally identifiable information (collectively, “Personal Information”) to create an account on the Site and participate in the learning opportunities offered therein. By using the Site and providing us with Personal Information, you consent to our use of such Personal Information as described in this Policy. You may always refuse to provide Personal Information, and this may lead to our inability to provide you with certain products or services.
Cookies and Statistics
We may collect information through the use of common information-gathering tools such as web beacons, cookies and server logging. A cookie is a small string of text that a website can send to your browser which helps the Site remember and customize your visit. For example, cookies allow us to tailor the Site to better match your interests and preferences. With most Internet browsers or other software, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions to learn more about these functions. If you reject cookies, functionality of the Site may be limited, and you may not be able to take advantage of many of the Site’s features.
We may also use single-pixel images on the Site or in our emails to you (web beacons). This technology tells us more about browsing, click-tracking, viewing, and buying activity, but none of your Personal Information is transmitted through this technology.
We may also collect other anonymous information, including but not limited to server logging that your web browser or device provides to us when you view the Site, your IP address, the type of browser you are using, a referring URL, and other information contained in HTTP headers.
We may use third-party advertising companies to place ads on the Site and to place our ads on other web sites. These companies may use anonymous information about your visits to this and other websites to provide advertisements on the Site and other sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Use of Information
Anvoy may use Personal Information obtained through your use of the Site to administer your account.
Anvoy may use Personal Information obtained through your use of the Site to send marketing communications from Anvoy or its partners. We do not rent or sell Personal Information to outside marketers. We may also disclose anonymous and aggregated information to third party advertising companies to place ads on the Site and to place our ads on other websites. These companies may use such anonymous information about your visits to the Site and other web sites to provide advertisements on the Site and other sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Combination of Information
Anvoy may, on occasion, combine information collected through the Site with information that we collect from other sources.
Anvoy may use your Personal Information to respond to questions or requests from you that are submitted via the Site and/or to provide other requested customer support.
Anvoy may disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the following purposes:
Service Providers. Your Personal Information may be shared with third party service providers to process your orders, deliver packages, send mail, provide search results and links, or provide other customer services.
Law Enforcement. Your Personal Information may be shared with law enforcement officials if it relates to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity.
Necessary or for Safety Reasons. Anvoy may also disclose your Personal Information if required or permitted to do so by law, for fraud protection and credit risk reduction purposes, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of Anvoy or the users of the Site, to act under urgent circumstances to protect the safety of Anvoy or its employees or a member of the public, or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
Sale or Acquisition of Assets. If Anvoy becomes involved in a transaction involving the sale of its assets, such as a merger or acquisition, or if Anvoy is transferred to another company, Anvoy may disclose and/or transfer your Personal Information as part of the transaction. If the surviving entity in that transaction is not Anvoy, the surviving company may use your Personal Information pursuant to their own privacy policies, and those policies may be different from this Policy.
Other than as set forth herein, we will not disclose your Personal Information unless we obtain your prior consent or are legally required to do so.
Privacy of Children under 13 Years
Anvoy encourages parents and guardians to be aware of and participate in their children’s online activities. We strictly adhere to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and will not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personal Information from any child under the age of 13 in any manner that violates this law. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected Personal Information from a child under 13 years of age, we will promptly take all reasonable measures to delete that data from our systems.
The platform does allow a parent to setup sub-accounts to track activity metrics for children under 13 years, however this sub-account data is related to the parent’s record and contains no personal identification information of the child. Sub-accounts can’t login or interact with other users of the platform. The parent assigns a “screen name” so that only the parent knows the child’s identity. Children 13 years or older can manage their own accounts, including their real name, however parents are still encouraged to monitor all of their minor child’s online activity.
Your Opportunity to Opt-out of Email Advertising
Anvoy does not participate in bulk email solicitations that you have not consented to receiving (i.e. SPAM). In the event you do not wish to receive promotional emails from Anvoy, follow the opt-out instructions contained within the body of any email message you receive.
The Site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties. Anvoy is not responsible for the collection or use of your Personal Information at any third party sites. Your use of an external website or any informational content found on an external websites is subject to and governed by the terms and guidelines of those website(s). Anvoy does not endorse or make any representations or warranties concerning, and will not in any way be liable for, any informational content, products, services, software, or other materials available on an external website, even if one or more pages of the external website are framed within a page of this Site.
We employ commercially reasonable standards to protect Personal Information obtained through use of the Site. For example, all Personal Information is stored on our secured servers, behind a firewall at a data center with access to data strictly controlled. Unfortunately, no safeguards or processes can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any such Personal Information, and you provide such Personal Information at your own risk.
This Policy was last modified at the date first printed above. Anvoy may modify this Policy at any time, and, accordingly, we urge you to frequently review this page. We will not reduce your rights under this Policy without your explicit consent.
If you ever wish to access your Personal Information, or to have your Personal Information deleted, updated, changed or modified, you may do so by contacting Anvoy through the contact information below. To cancel your account and have your Personal Information returned to you, please contact us through the contact information below. Requests to update information will be handled within thirty (30) days.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, please contact us using the information below.