|Anvóy America||Old Corrupt World|
|Marriage is defined by God to be a lifelong union between one man and one woman.||Marriage can be redefined by man. It can mean anything, which basically makes it meaningless.|
Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. -Genesis 2:24
The Importance of Marriage
Strong Marriages and Families are essential for a stable society. They are Key Success Factors for our future, yet they suffer under constant attack. Marriage is a sacred institution. It is supposed to be the way that children are born and raised to be productive citizens. Sexual intimacy is intended only for marriage so that children have the benefit of a mother and a father and a secure home. The secular world further weakens marriage by allowing many types of consensual sex outside of marriage.
Marriage Under Attack
- Attempts to change the definition of marriage diminish its meaning.
- Our culture favors freedom and possessions over marriage and family.
- Modern psychology makes disciplining children more difficult.
- The high cost and difficulty of raising children discourages couples from having children.
- Society pressures women to put career ambitions ahead of motherhood.
- The entertainment industry portrays fathers to be deadbeats, fools and abusers.
- The distractions of the Internet and pornography damage marriages.
We recognize that:
- We need more strong families, yet young Christians too often postpone marriage and children.
- It’s hard to find a spouse who gives marriage and family the priority they deserve.
- The most important thing that young people can do is marry and raise God-honoring children.
- We must do everything we can to defend and promote “Traditional Marriage and Family Values.”
We therefore declare:
- MARRIAGE and Family are sacred institutions created by God.
- God uses MARRIAGE to represent His relationship with the church (the bride of Christ).
- God defines MARRIAGE as a lifelong union between a man and a woman.
- A primary purpose of MARRIAGE is having and raising children for God’s glory.
We promise to:
- Pray for God’s wisdom and grace to fight this spiritual battle for this vital cause.
- Strive to give the youth around me the biblical vision for the high purpose and priority of marriage and family.
- Encourage existing couples that marriage and family are worth the sacrifice.